Fat Loss Over 40
WAY too many times in my career I’ve seen people simply fall into acceptance when it comes to body change that can occur after 40.
Suddenly how we were eating and exercising (or not) isn’t giving us the desired result.
Instead of resigning to what may feel like inevitable body change, here are 6 things you can do to counter an aging body and metabolism:
1. Focus on adding as much muscle to your body as possible. Muscle will keep your metabolism high and you’ll be burning more fat all the time. And ladies, you’re not going to turn into a body builder unless that’s your goal.
2. Cut the alcohol. Alcohol does nothing positive for our physiques or energy.
3. Eat mostly vegetables, then protein, then good starchy carbs like potatoes and rice.
4. Drink a ton of water – aim for a gallon a day.
5. Sleep and take care of yourself. Whether that’s managing stress or ensuring your own health needs are top priority, it’s more important than ever before that you tend to yourself.
6. Reduce sugar as much as possible. Sugar is addictive, it feeds disease, and it does NOT keep the fat away – but you probably already knew that.
If you’re struggling with excess body fat after 40 and you find it challenging to be consistent or accountable to one or more of the above, let’s talk.
Simply reply to this email or click here so we can book in a time ASAP. https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=17226112
40 and beyond doesn’t have to mean fat gains, but it is hard to do it alone. I’m here for you and I can’t wait for us to connect!
Megan, Owner Studio ME Fitness